Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weekly Fliers (10/1/09)

We all want to find our way in life. We lose our way sometimes. But that bond to what we want out of our lives should be strong enough to pull you back to where you need to be. Unfortunately we lose hope sometimes. It's problem we all face, it's only human. Yet hope is never truly lost. Real hope can be found in the smallest things, the littlest of gestures, the tiniest of events, the quietest of spoken words. I've always had a strong bond to music. I truly feel that music has been my saving grace. Ever heard of the song "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life"? I've never listened to the original by Indeep but there was a band called 90 Day Men who used that same title for one of their songs and the video for the songs is a montage of people showing off their favorite albums.

You're never stuck. It may not be a DJ that saves your life. You may not even feel like your life needs any saving. Yet we all do need something that can lift our spirits. One show that I'm excited about is the upcoming show the Crocodiles, Dum Dum Girls, Best Coast, and Pearl Harbor show on October 2nd at the Che Cafe in San Diego. I've been waiting to see the live incarnation of Dum Dum Girls ever since I first found out about them a few months ago and made them my first artist of the week. Another show that I'm excited for is the 2nd annual Longhair Illuminati Festival in Pamona featuring Mother Hips, Abe Vigoda, Moonrats, and Jesus Makes the Shotgun Sound. I've said time and time again, if you have the opportunity, don't miss out on seeing Jesus Makes the Shotgun Sound. They are one of the best bands around. Period.

That's all for this week. I'll try to be a little less sporadic with my updates. Take care and remember to check with venue for any schedule changes or cancellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment