Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekly Fliers (10/9/09)

These days, with the cooler weather and all, you'd think I'd find more and more fliers for shows. Maybe it's just me and I'm just not trying hard enough to find the fliers. Maybe that's it. Either way, I'd rather be out and about these days than behind my computer, trolling the internet for upcoming shows. I'm sure that there are dozens of shows that I missed. Forgive me. Let me get my fill of this wonderful weather and I'll be back to normal, whatever that may be.

I'll keep this short and sweet. Some shows I'd like to point out; first off is Domestic Disturbances: Part Two featuring Neon Navajo, Not the Government, AxRxM, and Wet Dreams at the Bixel House. I was supposed to go to this show but seeing as how the economy is in the crapper so is my wallet. I'm there in spirit though. Also tomorrow night in San Diego at the Soda Bar is the Blessure Grave, Trudgers, No Paws No Lions, and Secret Tones show. Family Time shows are always great lineups. Another show wherein I'll have to be at only in spirit. Why? Because I'll be at the Turkish Techno, Bonsai!, and No Naci Aqui show at J Dee's in Palm Springs. Fun times to be had for all at that show! I'd also like to mention that our good friend, Griefshare, will be performing with one of my current favorite hip hop acts right now, Polyphonic and Serengeti somewhere in San Diego on October 22nd. I don't know where exactly they'll be performing but I'm sure if you check out any of the Myspace pages for any one of the artists performing on that bill you can figure that out. Coincidentally, that show falls on the same day that Why? will be performing at the Loft at UCSD. (Sorry Dan, I've already got my tickets for Why?) And finally, I thought I'd mention this show, not because I'm a fan of their music, but because I've got word from a reputable source, the FYF Fest twitter, that at the Vampire Weekend show in Lomita, CA, there will be free KFC at that show! I'd go for the KFC even if the music is of the over-hyped variety.

That's all I've got for this week. Remember, always check with the venue for any schedule changes or cancellations. Now, I'm off to take a long walk with my dog. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment