Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weekly Fliers (10/22/09)

This time of year there always seems to be a reason to celebrate. Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries; I always seem to be invited to something this time of year. That also stretches into things music related.

We often times see live shows as this here and then gone instance, only to exist in memory never to be relived. Pictures can burn or fade but memories can never be taken away. Such is the existence of The Knitting Factory in Los Angeles. I remember seeing my first show there. It was Badly Drawn Boy and it was an amazing performance that taught me how one live performance can elevate a CD that I previously thought as just above average to something that is landmark in my life. I'm sad to hear that The Knitting Factory is closing. Yet this is not a time to mourn it's passing but to celebrate the good times we had there and to add one last one. On October 23rd, the final Bluebeat Lounge will take place featuring The Chris Murray Combo, La Resistancia, The Debonaires, Buck O Nine, Knock Out, and many others. Should be an awesome time.

Another reason to celebrate is the birth of something for instance the release of a new album. On October 24th, Michael Naht will be releasing his debut album and throwing a record release party at the Vermont House. Michael Naht will be performing along with Voice on Tape, Halloween Swim team, Narwhal Party, and a few other bands. Should be an awesome time as usual, one I hope to be taking part in.

Well, that's all I have time for this week. A couple other ones that I want to mention in passing, Bi-Polar Bear on November 2nd, Moment Trigger at Women of Crenshaw on October 24th, Jeremy Jay and Christmas Island at Soda Bar, tonight, and also tonight Serengeti & Polyphonic with Griefshare at The Boar Cross'n. As always check with the venue for any schedule changes or cancellations.
































No comments:

Post a Comment