Thursday, September 3, 2009

Artist of the week: Wife




What is my ideal wife? A question all hetero males and lesbian women should pose to themselves sometime if they wish to find anything close to what they want out of a spouse. What do I want out of my ideal wife? Something I would look for is someone who is soothing and comforting in nature and yet is willing to navigate the rough seas of life when deemed necessary. Someone who, with patience and an open mind, yields great reward. Someone much like the band "Wife".

Wife is a two piece consisting of Andrew Thomas and Nick Steinhardt. I didn't discover Wife, on my own, they discovered me on Myspace. I think they asked me if I was going to be booking any shows with any ambient bands. After listening to their music, I regrettably said no. I liked their music so much that I wished that I had a show that I could book them on. Their music reminds me of driving through the forests in Oregon, majestic, vast, and seemingly unending. Sometimes stark and lonely but powerful enough where you realize how useless it is to fight how tiny it makes you feel. That you through it all, all you can really do is just take it in.

Go check out their music at www.myspace.com/wiferepetitive

No comments:

Post a Comment