Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekly Fliers (4/2/09)

Welcome everyone to this weeks edition of The Weekly Fliers. Yes I changed then name due to the fact that I have been finding myself posting these a little later than Tuesday so I thought I'd make it easier on myself and post it anytime during the week. This week we've got some great shows to tell you about.

Just a few to make sure you check out, this Friday, April 3rd, at the Indio Polo Grounds will be the return of Fatso Jetson to their hometown playing a show with a bunch of other bands benefiting children with M.S. Please go, you're helping out a well deserving cause and at the same time you get to check out some great music.

Lately there have been a lot of shows/festivals that have grown around the idea of the big annual Coachella Fest. Personally I can't stand festivals especially over rated, over blown, over priced, juggernauts like the Coachella. I only go to this thing if I can get in for free or for cheap, which there are multiple ways of doing so. Those of you who have done one of these methods in the past know what I'm talking about. But if you still can't figure out a way to get in one of these ways, there is always an alternative. Go check out Faux-chella on April 10th. Playing that show will be Abe Vigoda, Blue Jungle, Bastidas, Sons & Daughters, amongst many others. It's only $10 and you get either a beer or wine upon entry. But if you prefer, with another $2 donation you can get a pretty heavy handed mixed drink. That should be a good time.

One final show to mention is the KXLU Fundraiser supporting Free Form Radio. This takes place on April 11th and features one of my favorite bands Meho Plaza. Also playing are Foot Village, Voices Voices, The Happy Hollows, and others including No Age doing a DJ set.

That's all for this week. As always check with the venue for any last minute schedule changes or cancellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment