Monday, March 23, 2009

Flier Tuesday (3/24/09)

Welcome everyone to another edition of Daily Dares Flier Tuesdays. I was asked recently why I post these fliers especially if I have no stake in who actually goes to these shows. I make no money helping people advertise these shows, so why bother? Well, the answer to that is multi-faceted. Obviously one reason is that I want to get the word out about the music not just in my own home town but everything here in Southern California. SoCal is my home and I'm damn proud of it.

Yet one of the biggest reasons is that I actually enjoy seeing the creativity and time that goes into these fliers. Take for instance the flier for the show taking place on the 29th of this month with TPF!, Narwhal Party, Conejos and others. The one with the shark. I don't know the correlation between the shark and the bands that are playing that night but it drew me in. Someone put some thought into that. Or the artwork done for the Jared Mees and the Grown Children show at the Knitting Factory on March 30th. There have been nights where I wished that I could shoot my brain out of my head like the guy in the picture, usually after night of way to much Budwiser. And I've always liked the fliers made by Planet Lunch like the one he made for Evident, Golden Animals, Slipping Into Darkness and a few others taking place on April 3rd at The Point After.

Aside from the aforementioned shows you should go check out The Mae Shi, Pre, Foot Village, and Past Lives at The Smell on the 26th. I think I might be there. Also go to the Kava Lounge on the 29th in San Diego for the One Night Only show. I'm disappointed that I will have to miss this show for a multitude of reasons. Yet you shouldn't. Go check out the fliers for yourself. I'm sure you'll find something worth checking out.

That's all for now. As always check with the venue for any schedule changes of cancelations.

No comments:

Post a Comment