Monday, March 29, 2010

Signals - What Dreams

The Mae Shi is one of my all time favorite bands. So when I heard then news that they were splitting up I was a little bit disappointed. But then when I heard that the touring members of The Mae Shi were staying together and forming a new band called Signals, I was a little apprehensive at the idea. I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that the lead singer, Jon Gray, was in another band called Man's Assassination Man and had been a part of the new Mae Shi lineup ever since their former lead singer, Ezra Buchla, left the band, the drummer, Jacob Cooper, does a project called Bark Bark Bark, and the guitar player, Bill Gray, is Jon Gray's cousin. But I'm an open minded person. The first time I've ever heard them was when they came out and played a show that we put on. It was an amazing show regardless of Bill's guitar amp going out on him at the very beginning of their set. Slowly, more music began to come out and now they've got a new music video, a downloadable mixtape, and a 7" available now. Good stuff. Can't wait for the Pre Coachella Party on April 15th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment