Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dan Plaza - Community Pop

"You remember when school made you draw pictures of a kid of every race/ethnicity holding hands around the world? I mean, that's stupid but obviously it would be amazing if we could actually pull that off. That's exactly what the future attitude is. You've got to stand for something, even if it makes you look like a lameo. And you can't pull sarcasm excuses anymore. No more. Senses of humor are good though. It's all about being lighthearted while believing in something. I'm serious about this." - Dan Plaza

I was first introduced to Dan Plaza's music by my friend Wilton, of Not the Government, via a video post on facebook. It was a song from his performance on KXLU's Demolisten. I was instantly hooked by his positive energy and his uplifting lyrics. I a world of cynics, downers, and people who are just plain angry with something, it's refreshing to hear music that gives you a sense of hope and gives you something to believe in. Check out his site and download some his album.

Dan Plaza's official site




No comments:

Post a Comment